Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 9, 2007

So far the frequency of our posts to this blog has been greater than that of our mass emails so I would consider this a smashing success.

A week ago I sneezed. I did not have a cold or any cold like symptoms at the time nor was I having any problems with allergies. I have not sneezed once since then either. Normally a sneeze is not all that significant. This sneeze was different.

On Friday the 30th Molly and I were planning on going up to northern Minnesota to a resort. It was supposed to be a lovely weekend that my business partner and I were going to treat our wives to as a thank you for putting up with us while we try and set up this practice without any experience. In the morning I was giving Quinn a bath before we dropped her off at Molly's dad's house. After washing her off I sat back and let her play in the tub for a little while. That is when the sneeze hit.

I sneezed and that was when the pain exploded in my lower back. Molly happened to be walking past the bathroom when this happened so she saw me fall to the floor writhing in pain. I have never experienced pain like that before and it is my sincere hope I never do again. I could not move. After about five minutes we called 911.

An ambulance ride and some very welcome Morphine later found me at the hospital. Not exactly my first choice resort but the service was great.

This past week has been spent healing up. I am now doing pretty well and not having to use much pain medication but I will most likely be sore for the next month from what I have been told. It has been nice being able to spend extra time with Molly and Quinn but I think I prefer scheduling the time off rather than having it thrust on my in the form of a couple protruded disks.

Geoff

2 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

That stinks about your back! I'm so sorry. I've had back pain/problems since having Caleb, and I know how it can hinder you. Hope you feel better soon!

Jessica Gray

Anna said...

Hey Geoff and Molly!!! Its great to see you blogging, Geoff sorry to hear about your sneeze, hope you feel better soon.

Anna Olson (kolts)