Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our athletic endeavors...











Here we see 2 pictures of Quinn at her "jumping kwass". She is an enthusiastic gymnast, and demonstrates her abilities at home by jumping on the couch and attempting to help the cat learn tumbling tricks. Really, it's been a lot of fun taking her to this little class---her confidence and her willingness to try new things has increased quite a bit since she's started. Plus, check out the little dress! So cute. She loves wearing this dress and is always sad when it has to go in the "wondwee".






The other picture is of the three of us when we "ran" the Lindstrom Loppet a couple weeks ago. This is a local 5K, and I put the word "run" in quotation marks, because if you saw us, you'd understand how generous it is to call what we did "running". I've tried really hard to keep up with running during this pregnancy, and I'm pretty pleased that I'm still able to do it (although not with this heat this past week!) but Posted by Picasaour times show that we were burning up the road with a 14 minute mile! Not that I was very fast before being pregnant, but at least I could do a ten minute mile. Whatever--I'm still proud of us. Geoff stayed with me and earned the distinction of being the very LAST person in his age category as a result. What a guy! Even going 14 minutes a mile, I still managed to beat 10 people in my age category...I'm thinking they might have been clinically dead people being pushed on stretchers? Maybe people who only have half a leg.

4 comments:

The Clegg Family said...

Molly & Geoff,
Your little girl is so cute! It was fun to see you found us in the wide world of blogging. I also loved the piece about the Minnesotans and the weather. Congratulations on finishing dental school Geoff must be excited to finally be out of school. Good luck with the nes car and keep in touch it was great to hear from you!

Rachael, Garrett, and the Girls.

Audra said...

Molly, you are so awesome - pregnant and running. I'm very impressed!

Jessica 7 said...

I am just laughing right now! You are a good writer. Anyway, you guys RULE for running in the race, and I think Geoff is so sweet for sticking with ya.

Quinn is so cute and I love the way she talks, and the way you write it how she sounds. I'm so glad I got to meet her when we were there so I can picture how her voice sounds!

Julie Price said...

I miss you, Mol! I'm glad I can stalk you on the internet and see what you're up to and laugh at your comments and quirks. Can't believe how grown up Quinnie is! I gotta get up there for a visit sometime. Maybe after the baby comes. Much after, perhaps. What a fun life you guys have!