Monday, November 3, 2008

this is totally uninteresting, even to me.

i've been lax in posting, not only because we've been busy around here with the new baby and tons of out of town visitors for several weeks, but because geoff and i are super lazy about uploading our pictures from the camera, and i've been stuck in the mindset that i have to have pictures in order to post. wow that was a long sentence, but it's the truth. so more and more time has gone by, and then i feel irritated with myself when i see my friends' blogs--i really enjoy reading them, so i'm assuming they'd like to read mine too. so i hearby resolve to do better, imaginary cyber-friends.

we're starting to fall into more of a routine, which is nice--little Q is finally sleeping through the night again (she would wake up in the middle of the night asking to color, or to ride in the car? i think she was dreaming...), although the baby still needs to eat twice during the night.

i'm finally able to exercise, hallelujah! i haven't managed to figure out how i'm going to do it with the two girls, but at least i have the doctor's go-ahead. so far i've just been doing annoying aerobics videos in my basement and then going running on the days when geoff's home. or at least i WAS running--my feet grew with this baby! they swelled with my first one, but then they went back down. not this time!

so i went to get new shoes this weekend--we were in the big bad city (how i miss you, tall buildings!) and i stopped at running room--can i just say that store is seriously over-rated? at least the grand ave. one is. i found out that i was already wearing my running shoes too tight, and now they're even worse with the extra half size i've gained. after trying on these lovely size tens, i CANNOT go back to my size 9s.OUCH! unfortunately, they didn't have the shoes i wanted in size 10. had to go home and order them...long story short (too late, i know), they are on the way, but the warm weather won't be here for long, and i wanna get out there!! i'm THINKING of trying to run through the winter this year....again, i need to figure out what to do with the girls, but the thought of treadmill running all winter-blahhh...i didn't get to run at all last summer--i miscarried in july--and then this summer i "ran" (ha ha, is it really running when you are shaped like a giant football??) so i've been dying to get out there. this is the deadly dull saga of the running shoes. the end.
p.s. i really am going to post about things worth reading...i promise. just trying to avoid politics for now.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That was so not a dull post! I have been thinking about the exercise/child watching dilemma lately. I have been walking my daughter to school (more than one mile uphill) with the youngest two in the stroller, but the weather is getting cooler, and I so don't want to get any fatter this winter.

Jessica 7 said...

I enjoyed hearing from you - you're right, your friends DO care to hear what you're up to! Well, you've caught up to me in shoe size. 10 for tennis shoes, but I have to wear 11 for dress shoes! It sounds outrageous, but my feet are wider than yours. Remember 'fun day' in high school? (switching one Converse...)

Audra said...

Oh you are soooo boring, that I still check your blog because seriously Molly, even your boring is interesting. I miss you!

Emily said...

Not so boring but I feel your annoyance with having to wait. I hate to wait! Just have the dang shoes. Honestly how difficult it this, FOR A SHOE STORE! (at least that's just my thinking)